We all desire physical well-being. But most of us do not realize the importance of hard work and rules that are required to keep the body fit and lean. Obesity is prone to incubate many unfortunate diseases. In our busy lives, very few people have the time to follow a healthy lifestyle. But with a little change in our daily habits, it can be done easily. Today we will share some tips on how to stay fit.
“We are what we eat” – a well-known phrase that is simple yet very accurate. It’s hard to resist the temptation of many unhealthy food items. We need to consume food for our bodies to function properly while avoiding fast food that can cause long-term health deteriorations. Also refrain from eating processed foods, canned, sugary, salted, soda, or carbonated beverages. Grow a habit of maintaining a homemade balanced diet. That means carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins – everything should be checked on the food chart. Besides, add a generous amount of vegetables and fruits to your menu. A combination of all kinds of food is very important for a balanced diet. So we must include the source of these nutrients such as rice, bread, fish, meat, eggs, milk, nuts, seeds, oil, or ghee in a moderate proportion to our daily diet. Besides, we have to drink plenty of water. Nutritionists highly recommend that an adult consumes at least 8-10 glasses of water every day. Those who are trying to lose or retain body weight will be able to do so simply by drinking a glass of water before each meal. You can use an alarm or a reminder to ensure a regular intake of water.
Physical Exercise and Meditation
A well-balanced diet alone won’t help you stay fit. Physical activity is a must in order to stay healthy. Burning calories as per our daily intake help us retain body weight. And if we can shred a few more calories, weight loss is just a matter of time. Gone are the days when you would use lack of time as an excuse for not hitting the gym. You can do simple free-hand or equipment based home workouts by watching online tutorial videos – you can even build your own home gym. Small changes in daily habits can also do more wonders than you think. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Try walking at least 20 to 30 minutes every day. If you’re involved in swimming, cycling, and various sports it will come in handy. Regular exercises refresh both body and mind and you will be able to shed excess fat. Mental well-being also has a big impact on staying fit, and activities such as Yoga and meditation have been proven to bring mental calmness. Praying every day according to one’s religion also helps in this regard. All of this can help towards achieving peace of mind, as well as focus and concentration at work, not to mention that it may also help to boost immunity.
Take Proper Sleep and Rest
Our body wants to rest after a long day’s work. The body heals from its daily stress and prepares us for the next day through uninterrupted sleep. According to experts, an adult needs to have at least 7-8 hours of sleep. Lack of adequate sleep can lead to various physical and mental ailments. So sleep time cannot be compromised. The following tips can be helpful if you have trouble sleeping:
- Try going to bed and waking up at a certain time every day.
- Refrain from using all kinds of electronic devices such as mobile, laptop or computer, TV, etc. at least two hours before going to bed. The light from these disrupts our sleep.
- Try reading books before going to bed. It will relax your mind enough to induce sleep.
- Try to sleep in a dark room without external noise.
- Tidy up before going to bed every day. Brush your teeth, wear loose clothes, tie up your hair.
- Get a quick hot shower if possible. You can also apply a mild fragrance in bed or in the room. It ensures good sleep.
- Drink not more than a few sips of water at night especially before going to bed, as this could lead to repeated sleep interruptions.
Do Your Household Chores
Participating in housework can be an excellent means of fitness. Even if there is a helping hand at home, doing some of your own chores will lighten their burden. From light work such as making your bed in the morning, folding clothes, grooming plants or gardening – to heavier work like sweeping floors, doing laundry or dusting furniture, everything helps to keep your body active. You can even become an expert at decorating your house! Rearrange the furniture once every other month with the help of someone. This will give your house a fresh look and also you will be able to burn some calories.
Leave Behind Bad Habits
Whether we like to admit it or not, the bad habits of our daily life are a hindrance to our work. Smoking and drinking are deadly habits and should be given up. Alcohol and tobacco damage our heart, lungs, and the whole body. Excessive use of mobile phones or laptops can make us lazy and tired. Also, anxiety can make us mentally weak. You need to identify the bad habits that are hindering your fitness and eliminate them for good.
You will be needing a lot of determination to stay fit. Here are some good habits you can replace bad habits with:
- Smile and always try to stay positive. This will brighten you up psychologically.
- Avoid unnecessarily stressing about things beyond your control.
- Keep your personal and professional lives separate. Plan a daily checklist and work accordingly. If something is left undone today, start again tomorrow. Do not take the extra load.
- Spend quality time with your family. Consider their needs and communicate. They are your true friends at the end of the day.
- Share your feelings with a close friend or a family member if something is bothering you. Don’t bottle it up.
- Take care of yourself. Maintain personal hygiene. If you want to get a new hairstyle, go for it without giving a second thought.
- Pass your leisure by doing something that gives you joy and helps you overcome boredom. It can be cooking, reading a book, drawing pictures, singing or listening, dancing, gardening, watching a movie you like, or going somewhere.
Hopefully, we have covered some of the important habits in this article that will help you to stay fit. However, on a much more serious note, some of us may have health disorders such as not being able to control body weight. Extreme weight issues can be caused by hormonal imbalance, long-term illness or medication, family well-being, loss of appetite, compulsive overeating disorder, insomnia, depression, or mental fatigue. The above tips are meant for the average healthy person. But if you have or suspect some kind of health disorder, we strongly recommend consulting a qualified doctor and follow their advice accordingly.
Remember, fitness is not a one-time goal that you need to achieve, it is an ongoing process to remain healthy. Self-love and confidence are the keys to your success. So don’t wait for tomorrow and see what you can start today!
Good luck to you.
|Fitness and Gym Items in Dhaka||Fitness and Gym Items in Chattogram|
|Fitness and Gym Items in Dhaka Division||Fitness and Gym Items in Khulna Division|
|Fitness and Gym Items in Sylhet||Fitness and Gym Items in Chattogram Division|