ElectronicsNews & Reviews

Computer Market in Bangladesh in 2021 and What to Expect in 2022 | Infographic

The unimaginable speed of information technology has made our daily work easier and smoother. And the computer is the kind of tech product that continues to accomplish these tasks. In addition to personal use, almost every office, institution, including school-college, has extensive computer use in Bangladesh.

The computer market has been playing a significant role in the growth of the overall economy of Bangladesh for the last two decades. In this new beginning of digital possibilities, the computer market in Bangladesh in 2021 was quite eye-catching, and we hope that it will continue in 2022.

In today’s discussion, we have tried to present a realistic idea about the computer market in Bangladesh in 2021 according to the information obtained from The Largest Marketplace of Bangladesh – Bikroy.com.

1. Computer Advertisements Posted Based on Price and Category

Computer Advertisements Posted Based on Price and Category
Computer Advertisements Posted Based on Price and Category

Computers posted for sale on Bikroy have two different types – Desktop Computers and Laptops.

According to the infographic, in 2021, about 47% of advertisements on desktop computers were posted between BDT 10,000-20,000. Below BDT 10,000, about 40%, and the remaining 13% of ads are posted in the group worth more than BDT 20,000.

On the other hand, in the laptops category, about 28% of advertisements are between BDT 20,000-30,000. There are also 27% and 23% advertisements in the price group of BDT 10,000-20,000 and BDT 30,000-50,000 respectively. In the case of laptop computers, the advertising rate is slightly lower among the higher-priced and lower-priced groups. According to the infographic, 16% of ads were posted in price groups above BDT 50,000, while the remaining 7% of ads were posted below BDT 10,000.

2. Popular Computer Brands Sold in 2021

Top Selling computer brands in Bangladesh in 2021
Top Selling computer brands in Bangladesh in 2021

Bangladesh is a rising market for computers and other tech products as a developing country. According to an open survey, the estimated value for the tech market in Bangladesh is more than $1.5 billion, which is expected to reach $5 billion by 2025.

Customized desktops accounted for 75% of the entire ads in the desktop computers category sold in 2021. Customers often build desktops according to their budget and needs. In addition, Intel, various other brands of desktop (e.g., HP, Dell, Samsung, etc.), Gigabyte, and Asus brands’ ads acquired 13%, 7%, 3%, and 2% of the entire ads, respectively.

HP (Hewlett Packard) has the highest position in the laptop category, with 42% of ads in terms of the brand’s name. On the other hand, Dell and some other brands (e.g., Acer, Macbook, Toshiba, etc.) both account for 18% of total advertisement space. Finally, Lenovo and Asus are in fourth and fifth place with 13% and 9% ads, respectively.

3. The Condition of the Computers Traded Throughout 2021

Computer conditions in 2021
Computer conditions in 2021

In the case of desktop computers, 51% of the ads posted for sale in 2021 are for new desktops, while the remaining 49% are for used desktop computers. On the other hand, 94% of the ads in laptop computers are for used laptops, and only 6% are for new laptops.

4. Computer Listing by City

Computer ads based on location in Bqangladesh
From where most of the computers are being sold?

Let’s look at which cities are ahead in advertisements posted in the computer category on Bikroy. As expected, being the capital of Bangladesh and having the largest population there, the most significant part of all the computer advertisements posted came from Dhaka city. 69% of the entire ads on the Bikroy are from Dhaka.

The combined advertising rate from other cities is 22%, and the commercial capital and port city-Chittagong hold the remaining 9%.

5. Advertisements According to the Type of Computer

Types of computers in Bangladesh
Types of computers in Bangladesh

According to the infographic, there is not much difference in the number of desktop and laptop ads for sale. In 2021, 51% of all ads posted in the computer category were for laptops and the remaining 49% were for desktop computers However, there is a big difference in the demand for new and used computers in selling these two types.

The selling margin of laptop computers is a bit higher than those of desktop computers at Bikroy.com. The market for laptop computers is expanding rapidly in Bangladesh and worldwide. One of the main reasons for this is that all the latest technologies and features are being added to the portable and compact sizes of modern laptops these days.

In Summary

The internet and information technology have significantly changed the way people work. No one imagined the use of computers on such a large scale even 20 years ago.

We believe that the Bangladeshi computer market will see unimaginable success in 2022 due to various government initiatives and support and the increasing interest of talented young people to use the internet extensively.

Now, with a few clicks at home, get a variety of innovative gadgets, including desktops, laptops, smartphones, or other electronics, in the country’s largest marketplace – Bikroy.com.


Which type of computer is being sold mainly in Bangladesh?
According to Bikroy.com, there are not many differences between the ratio of computer types being sold in the Bangladesh computer market:

  • Laptops (51%)
  • Desktop computers (49%)
Which are the top-selling computer brands in Bangladesh?
A data from Bikroy.com has assembled the top-selling computer brands (desktop and laptop) in Bangladesh based on the ads posted on the website:

In Desktop Category:

  • Customized Desktops 
  • Intel
  • Other brands (e.g., HP, Dell, Samsung, etc.)
  • Gigabyte 
  • Asus

In the Laptop category:

  • HP
  • Dell
  • Other brands (e.g., Acer, Macbook, Toshiba, etc.)
  • Lenovo 
  • Asus

Computers for sale in DhakaComputers for sale in Chattogram
Computers for sale in Dhaka DivisionComputers for sale in Khulna Division
Computers for sale in SylhetComputers for sale in Chattogram Division
Facebook Comments
Subscribe now

No spam guarantee.

Related Articles

Back to top button