From a very young age, TV’s Meena cartoon has been teaching us to wash our hands with soap and water on a regular interval. And today when we’re living in a constant threat of a pandemic, we realize how important was the parrot “Mithu”’s preaching from the Meena cartoon, “Hey my friend! Wash your hands with soap!! ” Every day we come in contact with various things and people. No matter how much we try to maintain social distancing, the highly contagious Coronavirus can be transmitted even from a very simple daily use item like money. Therefore, the most effective way to stay germ-free is to wash your hands every now and then and most importantly to maintain overall good hygiene.
It is possible to prevent the spreading of the COVID-19 virus by making a handwashing habit. It is very important to wash our hands thoroughly and disinfect them after touching anything dirty or after coming from outside. In order to ensure safe disinfection, wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with hand wash or alcohol-based soap.
Hand sanitizers can also be used to disinfect hands. But if you want to eat something after using it, you need to wait at least 20 seconds until your hands are completely dry. Moreover, sanitizer is a complex chemical mixture, excessive use of it can be harmful to your health. Besides, it can not clean any visible dirt. So if you have water and soap or hand wash available nearby, it is the most effective means to clean your hands.
Which One Is Safer – Handwash or Soap?
Soap and handwash basically serve the same purpose. But even then, there are some differences between these two in some aspects. Sepnil Extra Mild Hand Wash will give a softer touch to your hands than any ordinary or alcohol-based soap.
The reasons why Sepnil hand wash is safer than soap are mentioned below:
Every Drop Is Safe:
Ordinary soap is touched by many people many times a day for hand washing. In most cases after using the soap, the dirt or germs on the hands get stuck on the soap, and at the same time, there is a risk of spreading the germs of various contagious diseases including COVID-19. Whether or not these dirty soaps can effectively clean our hands, the doubt remains unclear in our minds.
On the other hand, standard handwashes like Sepnil Extra Mild Hand Wash are bottled completely without human touch and remain safe inside the bottle during use.
Protection of Hand Skin:
Ordinary soaps are rich in alkali. To protect yourself from the Coronavirus, you need to wash your hands more often than usual and for a longer period of time. As a result, our hands become dry and rough. Glycerin is one of the ingredients of Sepnil Extra Mild Hand Wash that protects our hands from drying out. Besides, it’s mild scent will give you a fresh and clean feeling after every wash.
When to Wash Hands
It would be better to use the best liquid hand wash available in the market like Sepnil for cleaning your hands. Besides, you need to know the techniques of effective hand washing and disinfection. In this matter, children of the family should also be made aware and it should be ensured by the elderly family members they also follow the techniques and clean their hands properly. Hand washing is essential in the following situations:
- Before and after preparing food,
- If you touch or use items touched or used by more than one person,
- Before and after eating,
- Before and after taking something to someone who is sick,
- Before and after treatment of cuts or wounds,
- After using the toilet,
- Before newborns or young children come in contact,
- Before feeding the baby, after changing diapers or cleaning the stool,
- After sneezing or coughing,
- After touching any animal or animal food or waste of that animal,
- After feeding or treating pets,
- After handling the garbage.
The Proper Hand Washing Techniques
In the present situation, it is very important to wash both hands properly. The rules of washing hands with soapy water or hand wash are described below:
- First, soak your hands well in clean warm, or cold water.
- Then apply Sepnil Extra Mild Hand Wash or any disinfectant or other soap on hand. Make foam by rubbing both your hands with it.
- Make sure you have soap in between each finger and on all sides. Interlace the fingers of both hands to do so.
- Clean around and under each of your nails.
- Pay attention to your thumbs of both hands and rub them with the rest of your fingers.
- Rub the palms of both hands one by one and rub the back of each hand with the palm of another hand in turns.
- If you’re wearing a watch, ring, or any other accessory, remove it before washing your hands and clean that part of your skin as well.
- Create foam and rub both hands for at least 20 seconds for complete disinfection.
- If possible, wash your hands thoroughly in running tap water instead of stored water and wash off the soap completely.
- After washing your hands, you should dry your hands thoroughly with a one-time tissue, not a towel or a handkerchief. Studies have shown that the virus reproduces 100 times more in wet hands. Also, it is not advisable to dry your hands repeatedly with a towel used by more than one person or with the same towel.
- Use the same tissue used for drying your hands to turn off the tap and to open the washroom’s door. Water taps and door handles can contain the virus as they are touched by many. Then throw the tissue in a dustbin with the lid on.
Since we have to wash our hands many times a day, we should use mild and standard soap or hand wash for our skin. And as we mentioned earlier, Sepnil Extra Mild Hand Wash is very gentle for hand protection.
If there is no soap or water supply in the vicinity, the hands should be thoroughly disinfected with a hand sanitizer containing 70%-90% alcohol. However, if possible, it is best to wash with hand wash or soapy water. And so always keep a Sepnil Extra Mild Handwash with you. Sepnil has hand washes of different flavors and sizes available in the market, visit to know more.
|Healthcare Items in Dhaka||Healthcare Items in Chattogram|
|Healthcare Items in Dhaka Division||Healthcare Items in Khulna Division|
|Healthcare Items in Sylhet||Healthcare Items in Chattogram Division|