Search Engine Optimization (SEO) can offer a fantastic and popular career for many. From our country’s perspective, it’s young, varied, and vibrant. As people are consuming too much content and information through search engines and its increasing popularity, it’s no surprise that the SEO industry is in high demand.
In the past decade, the Internet has become the frontier for advertising in Bangladesh. Earlier it used to happen on newspapers or television channels, as time passed, the Internet has introduced a vast array of ways in which brands can easily and more cost-effectively advertise directly to their customers.
An SEO expert or specialist is responsible for managing a company’s content and writing appears in a better ranking on SERP (Search Engine Result Pages).
So, how will you become an SEO specialist? In this article, we will answer almost all your questions which will help you to make a smooth entry into SEO jobs in Bangladesh.
What does an SEO specialist do?
SEO specialists assist a business to rank their content higher in search engines like Google and Bing. They need to do keyword research to identify the terms people are searching for on several platforms and use that information to make an effective recommendation for improving content.
SEO specialists conduct competitor research to determine how similar articles are performing on the SERP and how to compete with them. Designing an SEO-friendly website and tracking several metrics to give exposure to the content are other important tasks done by SEO specialists.
Some major job responsibilities of SEO specialists
- Prepare detailed strategy reports on how content can rank on different search engines
- Review and analyze the whole website to find the areas of improvement
- Research and identify new business keywords
- Writing and sharing SEO guidelines with other teams
- Analyzing competitor’s SEO techniques and apply if necessary
Top Skills Needed for an SEO Career
To build your SEO career in Bangladesh, there are few skills you need to have.
Essential Skills for SEO Specialists
- On-Page and Off-Page SEO: There are two main types of SEO – on-page and off-page. On-page SEO is about optimizing your website- images, texts, videos, meta information, content structure to have a good impact on SERP. Whereas, off-page SEO relates to how your website can rank based on the external facts of your website including backlinking from another website.
- Keyword and Competitor Analysis: As an SEO specialist, you should be able to perform a deep keyword analysis to make actionable recommendations for your website’s content strategy. You should also be able to analyze your competitor’s ranking and determine how to compete against them.
- Content Marketing: Content is known as the king and you need to be fluent in content marketing to pursue your career in digital marketing jobs. Being an SEO specialist, you should know how to create high-quality and SEO-friendly content which will engage your target audience.
- Data and Analytics: SEO is generally a data-driven skill. You must know the usage of tools like Google Analytics to know what content is receiving the most traffic and which content needs to be optimized. You also need to know the usage of the Google Search Console to overview how your web pages are performing on SERPs.
- HTML, JS, CSS: While heavy programming is not directly associated with the jobs for SEO experts, having sound knowledge of HTML, JS, and CSS can assist you to solve complex issues you may encounter as an SEO specialist.
Soft Skills for SEO Specialists
To build your career in SEO, you will need more than just technical skills. A whole set of soft skills can help you to thrive in starting an SEO career in Bangladesh. Here are some soft skills, you should have as an SEO specialist:
- Curiosity: The vast arena of digital marketing jobs is constantly evolving. This means being a marketer you have to be in the continuous learning process and keep yourself updated with best SEO practices. Over the last few years, SEO has seen significant growth and changes, and the skills you have acquired years ago might not be relevant at all.
- Teamwork: SEO is a team game. You need to work with your digital marketing wing. Indeed, your thoughts will be shared with content writers, content strategists, and others whose work relatively goes with digital marketing. Overall, you should be able to perform your task effectively as part of a team.
- Problem-solving Skill: As an SEO expert, you will face several pitfalls which need to be solved. For instance, you realize one of your content is not ranking as high as it should, at that point you need to address the fact and implement a solution. If it is a hard one, try to break it down into smaller components and create an effective solution.
How to learn Search Engine Optimization?
If you are finding SEO jobs in Bangladesh, you need to learn SEO techniques based on the job requirements. As there are no direct graduation degrees offered by the universities currently in Bangladesh, but some SEO experts join universities for marketing, business development, or a related field.
Instead of going to any institute, you can learn about the industry and find SEO jobs in Bangladesh all by yourself. Several websites can also help you to learn and enhance your SEO techniques in detail.
How to Become an SEO Expert: Step-by-Step
There are a couple of steps you can take to make your journey with an SEO career in Bangladesh. Which are as follows:
- Learn about SEO through some courses, self-study, or practicing more with your website
- Develop and practice technical skills regularly
- Create your digital marketing portfolio
- Start the job search
- Prepare for interview calls
Being an SEO expert opens up a massive opportunity. You can play a vital role in flourishing big brands and SMEs with their online presence.
There are a lot of skills and SEO practices, where you need to be consistent. It all starts with integrity, patience, and hunger for knowledge.
We hope this article will help you to explore more and get a kickstart to your SEO career in Bangladesh.
We wish you very good luck!